Monday, July 28, 2008

But Sirius-ly folks ...

I just finished my appearance on Sirius's Blog Bunker radio talk show.

They were right about one thing: the time flew by. I was on for about 15-20 minutes.

We talked about the VP choices, their timing, what process the presidential candidates are probably going through. I said I wouldn't be surprised if they're still working on a short list. Joe seemed to think they must have decided by now. But, as many commentators have pointed out, the process has been remarkably leak-free, and we just don't know.

Joe pointed out that Obama's 9-point poll lead shows a rather small "bounce" from his very successful Middle East and European trip. I speculated that Obama still faces the "3 am question" about whether he's qualified to be commander-in-chief, despite looking presidential, meeting with foreign leaders, and hobnobbing with American troops.

Joe asked what the theme might be of a book about the 2008 campaign, and I mainly cited the historic candidacies of African American and female candidates.

No comments: